Tuesday 12 January 2010

What a great way to start a new year

I'm truly speechless about what is happening here in Malaysia. The christian used the word Allah to refer their God in their internal circulated newsletter and the Muslim found out and came out to protest that the word Allah can only be used by the Muslims. I am not an extremist and I'll never understand how they think. Allah means 'one and only God'. So what if one thinks that the one and only God is not the God that the Muslims refers to? Should they call Him Dog instead? Sigh.. what a waste of time.



3 comments:

GeetaAriani said...

Christians in Indonesia call their God "Allah" too, but with a slightly different pronunciation from the Muslim's one. However, Muslims here don't protest because it's just the way it is and 'Allah' actually means God

Wan Cheng said...

U imagine, if u who aren't directly involved in the issue can feel so angry about it, those who feel tat their God n religion is under threat of cos have a reason to be angry. The most important thing is to remain calm and neutral, step in others' shoes and understand wats really going on.

The ppl who protested (so angrily tat I'm worried they might suffer a heart attack!) and burn ppl's church most probably tak tau pun in wat context the term was used. Anger can be easily provoked in ppl. It's just the way humans are. It could happen to u and me.

Annie Tan Yee Leng said...

Cheng: I'm not angry la.. Just feel that its a waste of time.. I only think that I might be writing on this issue on this semester. Hehe..

Geeta: I guess Malaysia can't use the fact that the Malays being the majority as the excuse to simply resolve this matter anymore.