Wednesday 17 February 2010

Happy Tiger Year

My family and I just came back from our Chinese New Year visit to Taiping. Just like every year, we will travel all the way to Taiping to visit my maternal relatives. I used to love Chinese New Year a lot but not so much this year. Don't get me wrong. Everything went well and everyone was happy. Just that my elder sister has been missing Chinese New Year celebrations for many years, so our reunion dinner was of course not perfect without her. Secondly I have been missing Kar for the few days when I was in Taiping. I have been facing him everyday for whole year and on some days I did wish that I can quit seeing him for a few days, but now I think I do suffer more without seeing him. I hope I can officially bring him back to Taiping with me soon. Hehe.. However, I am back and I really wanna work on the things that I want this year. I hope the tiger year will be a great year for everyone. So to Yen and Kar, here are some snapshots from our this year's CNY celebration you guys missed out.

Our 2nd uncle decorated ah po's house with some red lanterns and beautiful decoration lights this year

Like every year, ah pa does cleaning until the sun sets before the reunion dinner

And our family tradition, steamboat reunion dinner.. yum yum ^^

We still pray on the 1st day of CNY and be vegetarians for half a day


Last but not least.. meet our relatives and catch up with everyone

3 comments:

Yee Yen said...

I'll be back for next year.

ginnypeo said...

nice pictures, you got some potential. just 1 2 suggest something, can you make your pictures more colorful and festive cos your pictures (color) look a bit dull..

Annie Tan Yee Leng said...

When I edit in Photoshop that time it looks more vibrant. Some I purposely make the colour less saturated to create the feel wan. Hehe...